With age, the risk of chronic and extremely debilitating brain diseases in people increases sharply. However, little is understood about what triggers the neuronal degeneration and normal brain ageing.
There is a big time lag between start of neurological disorders and first visible clinical symptoms. Many common modern lifestyle related diseases such as Cardio Vascular Diseases, diabetes and obesity are closely related to cognition decline.
Many preclinical and clinical studies in healthy individuals or in individuals at an early stage of cognitive disorders have demonstrated a possible beneficial impact of nutrition on cognition.
New research may lead to development of effective and safe strategies for preventing brain ageing through nutritional and lifestyle changes. Hence, when identifying new approaches to promote healthy brain ageing, a composite strategy including nutrition, exercise and lifestyle should be devised, which not only target the brain but also the cardio-metabolic health of an individual.
Suggested dietary & lifestyle changes for healthy brain ageing:
- Micronutrients: Essential antioxidant trace elements such as Zinc (Zn), Selenium (Se) and Chromium (Cr), protect brain.
- Polyphenols: Found in Red Wine, Tea, coffee, Cinnamon or fruits such as grapes, apples, pears & cherries prevent age-related chronic diseases such as CVD, diabetes, cancers, osteoporosis and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Flavonoids: Found in a variety of fruits, vegetables and beverages are capable of improving memory and learning in both animals and humans.
- Fish Oils and long chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids: Decrease brain inflammation and preserve integrity and function of neuronal membranes.
- Other Lifestyle Changes: Calorie restriction, Ketogenic diets & Exercise can enhance the quality of life and slow rate of cognitive decline in the elderly.
Editor’s Note: POZTRON containing Plant Polyphenols, Flavonoids and Antioxidant Micronutrients. It also contains “Natural CR mimetic” such as Resveratrol that impart benefits similar a Calorie Restricted diet, and Steroidal Saponins that increase exercise capacity in Men.
POZTRON will be an ideal addition to daily diet to compensate for nutritional and lifestyle deficiencies to promote healthy brain ageing.
From – Avant Bio Research News Desk
Reference Article :Nutrition for the ageing brain: Towards evidence for an optimal diet